We believe that a mission statement expresses a purposeful plan for the accomplishment of a vision. We find a perfect example in Proverbs 22:6. In this verse a mission is set forth so that a vision can be accomplished:
“Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
The Proverbs mission: To train up a child in the way he should go.
The Proverbs vision: When that child is old, he will not depart from the way in which he was trained.
Likewise, Christian Life Academy has a mission - our purposeful plan for the accomplishment of our vision.
“The mission of Christian Life Academy is to present Jesus Christ as the focus of all truth through excellent academics, wholesome extra-curricular activities and as the foundation for all relationships.”
“Christ, changing lives to change the world.”
1. We believe that all people are created in the image and likeness of God and therefore every student, teacher, and staff member should be treated with dignity and respect in a safe, orderly and supportive environment.
2. We believe that education must address the whole person – spirit, mind and body – in order to foster character development and spiritual growth while maximizing the abilities and aptitudes of each student.
3. We believe that God has good plans for every student and that one of our roles is to lovingly point students in the direction of God’s path through both word and example.
4. We believe that every student can learn and that the responsibility for that learning is shared among students, teachers, parents and the community.
5. We believe that absolute truth exists and is revealed in the Bible, creating a standard for each subject that is taught.
6. We believe that high expectations joined with challenging situations will inspire quality individual student performance.
7. We believe that in order for students to be successful in the 21st century, they must skillfully utilize technlogy in its many forms.